Thursday, April 7, 2011

Two Weeks and Counting


So much to do and so little time. I've gotten up to 12+ miles for my daily average. Still not good enough, but an improvement. I've lost about ten pounds, although I could use to be a little bit thinner. I'm told bulimia is not an option so I'm just going to have to keep working.
Doing the same route over and over again definitely gets boring. I've started to count the roadkill - we have a current tie at one with raccoons, possums, and rabbits all biting the automobullet. On a less morbid note, I spotted a beautiful green lunar moth today, which although stunned in a ditch (or perhaps he had been drinking with Edgar Allen Poe) appeared as if it would survive.
I'm looking forward to doing Table Rock on Saturday with my brother for a change of pace, although the steepness of the mountain will be a serious challenge for us both, especially as I shall be carrying a heavy pack. I barely made it two months ago and the difficulty of that lovely hill will be a good gauge of where I currently stand in my cardio preparedness.
I still need to purchase a large water carrier and a water filtering device. If anyone has a suggestion for a good brand please let me know. I also have some Wounded Warrior decals in the mail coming my way, so I will be glad to give those out to any of you who have donated, pledged, sponsored, or helped me in any way. Just let me know where to send them. So far $750+ has been donated to the WWP and an additional $1800 has been pledged. We still have a long way to go but off to a good start.

Cheers, Alastair

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And we conquered Table Rock with not too much difficulty bro, and you carrying a weighted pack too boot. I think you are ready to kick the tires and light some fires! You can do this man!

Salud,

Colin