Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In Other News

Three weeks left until I finally actually hike. Won't it be nice for me to actually have something to write about? Until then, here are a couple of great events to keep your eye on which just so happen to fit in with the motif of the Wilderness Walk for Wounded Warriors. I think I may have injured my fingers typing the entire title of the walk. I'll never do that again. Do what? Never you mind.

1. Dawn Crone (who you may remember from our Indianapolis episode) and her students have organized a 5K walk for the Wounded Warrior Project in Brownsburg, Indiana for May 19th. Come out and participate if you live in the nearby area. Click click click the purple pick to proceed to their page.

2. My brother recently interviewed two Marines who are hiking the Appalachian trail in to raise funds for disabled servicemen in need of adaptive vehicles. Visit their website at warriorhike.com to learn more about their efforts.

3.  I learned recently of a program to teach Wounded Warriors how to dance the salsa.  Check it out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Soldiers-Who-Salsa/135213003167640

No comments: